It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about Déjà Dup. Actually, looking back in my archives, I haven’t blogged specifically about Déjà Dup since it’s first 1.0 release. As it’s now on it’s tenth feature release, I guess it’s fitting to give some news.
Since 1.0, Déjà Dup has continued to rock. Here are some of the new features:
- Scheduled backups
- All sorts of crazy backends, like SSH, FTP, WebDav, or samba(!)
- Restoring from any given point in time
- A nautilus extension to restore files with a right click
- Sexy awesome backup and restore wizards that guide a user through setting up a backup
- All sorts of usability tweaks, bug fixes, and minor improvements
Anyway, the point is, I have not been idle.