Xpad 3.0 is released. The release itself is rather minor: I fixed an xpad-is-waking-up-40-times-each-second bug noticed by Sergej Schwarz. Thanks, Sergej!
The more interesting changes are operational. I’ve moved the project largely to Launchpad, following my successful move of Multiplication Puzzle. Code and tarballs are up. The mailing list isn’t yet, but it will come. Translations will be done there too, now that I’ve been kicked out of the Translation Project.
As part of the move away from Sourceforge, I decided to move the main xpad website to this domain. I simplified it a bit, to give it the same look and feel as the rest of the site. I don’t think much was lost. The previous site was sort of crufty.
I also relicensed the code to be GPL v3 and changed the versioning scheme to match Multiplication Puzzle’s: feature or major bug fixes get a major version bump, translation and packaging fixes get a minor version bump. The previous scheme didn’t make sense anymore.
Multiplication Puzzle 7.0 is released. This finally brings my vision for 6.0 to fruition. I added the ability to guess letters by either pressing keys on the keyboard or dragging and dropping digits to letters. I worked around the nasty gdk bug by just forcing a larger drag icon and making most of it transparent. So the user never knows they’re dragging around a 64×64 icon. Yay!
I also added a Hint menu item that will tell you one digit and added a game timer, for extra urgency.
Sadly, xpad and Multiplication Puzzle are no longer participating in the Translation Project. The TP is a great service that matches up FOSS maintainers with translation teams.
Skipping the nerd drama, suffice it to say that there were creative differences. It is current TP policy to kick out any projects that accept user translations for languages for which TP has not provided any. Given the choice of deleting a translation or leaving the TP, I chose to leave.
Which sucks, because they did provide good translations. I will try launchpad‘s translation infrastructure for gmult, and see how that goes. If it goes well, I might move xpad over to launchpad.
So translators, please visit the gmult translation page and translate away!
Guh, Xpad 2.14 is now available. It fixes a 100% CPU bug found by Fred Galusik. :-/
Xpad 2.13 is now available. It has a long-awaited translation refresh, featuring new Chinese (simplified), English (British), Finnish, and Korean translations. The Dutch and Slovak translations were updated.
Also, some bug fixes related to pads remembering closed state and location after closing. Maybe fix some issues with ‘on all desktops’ support, though it still doesn’t work quite right in Metacity.
This release also uses the status icon support in GTK+ and requires GTK+ 2.12.
Xpad 2.12 is out. It fixes a huge bug that crashed xpad when pads with formatting were opened.
Xpad 2.11 is now available.
- Added a -f option to open a file as a pad (doesn’t work great on large files)
- Pads now show up on the taskbar if you have window decorations on
- New Chinese (simplified) translation (Meng Jie)
- New Danish translation (Morten Bo Johansen)
- New Swedish translation (Daniel Nylander)
- Updated Chinese (traditional) translation (Wei-Lun Chao)
Phew. I’m glad I got that out there. I’ve had some of these translations sitting in my inbox for months. Sorry, translators. :-/
Xpad 2.10 is now available. I fixed a possible crash when deleting pads while autohide toolbars are enabled, made toolbar icons smaller, and made the toolbar appear inside a pad when there is enough space instead of resizing the pad. I also added Slovak and Slovenian translations from Andrej Kacian and Matej Urbančič, respectively. The Gentoo maintainer Fernando Pereda provided patches and suggestions for this release, so thank you.
Xpad 2.9 is now available. It fixes a few errors with saving the size and location of pads as well as a crasher (thanks Sham Chukoury and Federico Schwindt). It also adds a Malay translation from Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan.
Xpad 2.8 is now available. It fixes a humungous bug with translations; now they should actually work. Also, a new Chinese (traditional) translation was added.
Xpad 2.7 has been released. It fixes a couple pad size bugs and adds Bulgarian and Kinyarwanda translations. Thanks to Sham Chukoury for some thorough detective work for one of the bug fixes.