I just released version 2 of Multiplication Puzzle which features autoolization, gettextization, and a name change from Multiplication Game to Multiplication Puzzle. Now I just have to wait for the translations to roll in. 🙂
xpad 2.0 work is going slowly. But I did release a brown-paper bag release a while ago to at least allow the long-standing 1.13 release to work with GTK+ 2.4.
In other news, I am actively looking for a job. If anyone is interested in an amazing, computer-science-degree-holding employee in the Sunderland, MA area, look at me.
Well, I’ve scaled down my designs for 2.0 a bit. It’s basically just a port to GTK+ 2.4 at this point. The OO-ifying will come later down the 2.x branch.
I went ahead and got myself my own personal website. It’s fun to have a domain that you control yourself. I ended up using a mom and pop hosting company based in California. Dirt cheap and enough for my simple needs right now.
I’ve also been playing a bit of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. A great game if you have friends; not a very good single player game, though. I highly recommend it. The gaming industry has been short on cooperative multiplayer games for a while.
I’ve hacked up a dashboard frontend for xpad. I’m pleased it was not too difficult, although I doubt that dashboard will be able to do very much with most pads’ contents.
I have also decided that since I’m already numbering the next xpad version 2.0, I might as well go and break everything, just to keep the spirit of dot-zero releases. So, I’ve begun the long and unrewarding task of objectifying the codebase. That is, I am making nice, clean GObjects out of everything instead of one big pile of procedural code. Yay!
In the process of that, I have discovered how cool the whole GObject system is — building OO design into such an antiquated language as C. It’s a nice architecture.
Work on xpad has been going well. I’ve finished porting it to all the non-deprecated widgets in the upcoming GTK+ 2.4. Thus, the next release will require 2.4 instead of 2.0. I plan to number this next xpad release 2.0, since the base requirements have been bumped up in this manner. Just some bug fixes left to work on, and we’re gold.
In other news, xpad recently got a French translation, thanks to Michel Robitaille. Yay!